I obtained my diploma (with honours) in information security in 2004 from the Faculty of Information Security, Russian State University for the Humanities, Moscow. My diploma thesis, completed under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Vladimir Anashin, was about pseudorandom number generators. After that, I gained academic experience while teaching and doing research in stream ciphers at RSUH (former homepage). I gained industrial experience as an embedded software engineer at RF Micro Devices' subsidiary in Moscow (currently Rivermark Technology Group), developing soft- and firmware for wireless modules.
My standard uni.lu webpage with contact data.
- Jean-François Gallais and Ilya Kizhvatov. Error-Tolerance in Trace-Driven Cache Collision Attacks. COSADE 2011.
- Andrey Bogdanov and Ilya Kizhvatov. Beyond the Limits of DPA: Combined Side-Channel Collision Attacks. Submitted to IEEE Transactions on Computers, 2010. Preliminary version on ePrint, Slides from UCL crypto seminar on 12.01.2010.
- Zhe Liu, Johann Großschädl and Ilya Kizhvatov. Efficient and Side-Channel Resistant RSA Implementation for 8-bit AVR Microcontrollers. SecIoT 2010.
- Jean-François Gallais, Ilya Kizhvatov, and Michael Tunstall. Improved Trace-Driven Cache-Collision Attacks against Embedded AES Implementations. WISA 2010.Extended version on ePrint
- Johann Großschädl and Ilya Kizhvatov. Performance and Security Aspects of Client-Side SSL/TLS Processing on Mobile Devices. CANS 2010.
- Jean-Sébastien Coron and Ilya Kizhvatov. Analysis and Improvement of the Random Delay Countermeasure of CHES 2009. CHES 2010. Slides
- Jörn-Marc Schmidt, Michael Tunstall, Roberto Avanzi, Ilya Kizhvatov, Timo Kasper and David Oswald. Combined Implementation Attack Resistant Exponentiation. LATINCRYPT 2010.
- Ilya Kizhvatov. Side Channel Analysis of AVR XMEGA Crypto Engine. WESS'2009. Slides from CHES'2009 rump session
- Jean-Sébastien Coron and Ilya Kizhvatov. Analysis of the Split Mask Countermeasure for Embedded Systems. WESS'2009.
- Jean-Sébastien Coron and Ilya Kizhvatov. An Efficient Method for Random Delay Generation in Embedded Software. CHES 2009. Updated version on ePrint, slides
- Jean-Sébastien Coron, Antoine Joux, Ilya Kizhvatov, David Naccache, and Pascal Paillier. Fault Attacks on RSA Signatures with Partially Unknown Messages. CHES 2009. Full version on ePrint, slides
- Andrey Bogdanov, Ilya Kizhvatov, and Andrey Pyshkin. Algebraic Methods in Side-Channel Collision Attacks and Practical Collision Detection. INDOCRYPT 2008.
2007 and earlier
- Andrey Bogdanov and Ilya Kizhvatov. Cryptanalysis of NiVa Stream Encryption Algorithm. Journal of Information Technology Security, volume 3, 2007. In Russian.
- Vladimir Anashin, Andrey Bogdanov, and Ilya Kizhvatov. Security and Implementation Properties of ABC v.2. SASC 2006. http://www.ecrypt.eu.org/stvl/sasc2006/
- Vladimir Anashin, Andrey Bogdanov, and Ilya Kizhvatov. ABC: A New Fast Flexible Stream Cipher. SKEW - Symmetric Key Encryption Workshop, 2005. http://www.ecrypt.eu.org/stream/ciphers/abc/abc.pdf
- Andrey Bogdanov and Ilya Kizhvatov. The Impact of Quantum Algorithms on the Security of Classical Cryptographical Systems (A Survey). Internal report at the Russian State University for the Humanities, 2005. http://crypto.rsuh.ru/papers/bogdanov-kizhvatov-quantum.pdf