Dmitry Khovratovich is a post-doctoral researcher since January 2013. He specializes in the design and cryptanalysis of symmetric primitives, e.g. hash functions and block ciphers. Dmitry is also interested in the practical aspects of cryptography: electronic currencies, tamper-proof designs, etc.. Dmitry is an author of the first attacks on the AES block cipher in various models, the best attacks on Skein, SHA-1 and SHA-2 hash functions, the attacks on the full versions of ALE, Grindahl-512, Luffa, and many others.
- Egalitarian computing, USENIX 2016, with Alex Biryukov
- Argon2: new generation of memory-hard functions for password hashing and other applications, Euro S&P 2016, with Alex Biryukov and Daniel Dinu
- Equihash: Asymmetric Proof-of-Work Based on the Generalized Birthday Problem, NDSS 2016, with Alex Biryukov
- Tradeoff Cryptanalysis of Memory-Hard Functions, Asiacrypt 2015, with Alex Biryukov
- Rotational Cryptanalysis of ARX Revisited, FSE 2015, with Ivica Nikolic, Josef Pieprzyk, Przemyslaw Sokolowski, Ron Steinfeld
- Cryptographic Schemes Based on the ASASA Structure: Black-Box, White-Box, and Public-Key, Asiacrypt 2014, with Alex Biryukov and Charles Bouillaguet
- [[Media:Ccsfp614s-biryukovATS.pdf| Deanonymisation of Clients in Bitcoin P2P Network], ACM CCS 2014 with Alex Biryukov and Ivan Pustogarov
- Collision Spectrum, Entropy Loss, T-Sponges, and Cryptanalysis of GLUON-64, FSE 2014, with Leo Perrin
- PAEQ: Parallelizable Permutation-Based Authenticated Encryption, ISC 2014, with Alex Biryukov
- Key Wrapping with a Fixed Permutation, CT-RSA 2014.
- The LOCAL attack: Cryptanalysis of the Authenticated Encryption Scheme ALE, SAC'13, 2013. With Christian Rechberger.
- Bicliques for Permutations: Collision and Preimage Attacks in Stronger Settings, Asiacrypt'12, 2012.
- New Preimage Attacks against Reduced SHA-1, Crypto'12, 2012. With Simon Knellwolf.
- Narrow-Bicliques: Cryptanalysis of the Full IDEA, Eurocrypt'12, 2012. With Gaetan Leurent and Christian Rechberger.
- Bicliques for Preimages: Attacks on Skein-512 and the SHA-2 Family, FSE'12, 2012. With Christian Rechberger and Alexandra Savelieva.
- Biclique Cryptanalysis of the Full AES, Asiacrypt'11, 2011. With Andrey Bogdanov and Christian Rechberger.
- Rotational Rebound Attacks on Reduced Skein, Asiacrypt'10, 2010. With Ivica Nikolic and Christian Rechberger. BEST PAPER AWARD.
- Rotational Cryptanalysis of ARX, FSE'10, 2010. With Ivica Nikolic.
- Cryptanalysis of Luffa v2 Components, SAC'10, 2010. With María Naya-Plasencia, Andrea Röck, and Martin Schläffer.
- Key Recovery Attacks of Practical Complexity on AES Variants With Up To 10 Rounds. With Alex Biryukov, Orr Dunkelman, Nathan Keller, and Adi Shamir.
- Related-Key Attack on the Full AES-192 and AES-256. With Alex Biryukov.
- Distinguisher and Related-Key Attack on the Full AES-256. CRYPTO'2009. With Alex Biryukov and Ivica Nikolić.
- Cryptanalysis of hash functions with structures. SAC'2009.
- Speeding up Collision Search for Byte-Oriented Hash Functions, CT-RSA'09. With Alex Biryukov and Ivica Nikolić
- Meet-in-the-Middle Attacks on SHA-3 Candidates. FSE'2009. With Ralf-Philipp Weinmann and Ivica Nikolić.
- Cryptanalysis of AES, Moscow State University, 21 October 2009.
- Recent attacks on AES, Leuven, SymLab meeting, 15 September 2009.
- FSE 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012
- EUROCRYPT 2013
- Indocrypt 2014
- CT-RSA 2015
- Structural cryptanalysis of Grindahl and RadioGatun
- Nonrandomness of 33 rounds of MD6