Sergei Tikhomirov is a PhD student at LACS, University of Luxembourg, under the supervision of Prof. Alex Biryukov since October 2016. He received his M.Sc. degree in Applied Mathematics and System Programming from the Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics of the Lomonosov Moscow State University (Russia) in 2013.
Having industrial experience in static analysis and automated vulnerability detection , Sergei has been closely following the blockchain space since late 2013, writing numerous articles for the leading Russian-language blockchain news website.
His main research interests are secure development practices on the Ethereum platform, domain-specific languages for smart contracts, privacy and anonymity in Bitcoin, and second-layer blockchain technologies such as Lightning network.
- A. Biruykov, S. Tikhomirov. Deanonymization and linkability of cryptocurrency transactions based on network analysis (slides). Presented at the 4th IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy (EuroS&P) on 17 June 2019.
- A. Biruykov, S. Tikhomirov. Security and Privacy of Mobile Wallet Users in Bitcoin, Dash, Monero, and Zcash. In Pervasive and Mobile Computing, special issue on blockchain technologies.
- A. Biruykov, S. Tikhomirov. Transaction Clustering Using Network Traffic Analysis for Bitcoin and Derived Blockchains (slides). Presented at the 2nd Workshop on Cryptocurrencies and Blockchains for Distributed Systems (CryBlock) on 29 April 2019.
- S. Tikhomirov, E. Voskresenskaya, I. Ivanitskiy, R. Takhaviev, E. Marchenko and Y. Aleksandrov. SmartCheck: Static Analysis of Ethereum Smart Contracts. Presented at the 1st International Workshop on Emerging Trends in Software Engineering for Blockchain on 27 May 2018 (slides, video).
- A. Biryukov, D. Khovratovich, S. Tikhomirov. Privacy-preserving KYC on Ethereum. Presented at the 1st ERCIM Blockchain Workshop on 9 May 2018 (slides, video).
- S. Tikhomirov. Ethereum: state of knowledge and research perspectives. Presented at the 10th International Symposium on Foundations & Practice of Security on 24 October 2017 (slides, video).
- A. Biryukov, D. Khovratovich, S. Tikhomirov. Findel: Secure Derivative Contracts for Ethereum. Presented at the 1st Workshop on Trusted Smart Contracts on 7 April 2017 (slides, video).
sergei dot tikhomirov at uni dot lu