Research Associate (Postdoc) in Applied Cryptography (M/F)
We are hiring Ph.D. holders in the general areas of applied cryptography, privacy.
Start day: 1-June 2019 (earlier might be possible).
Duration: 1 year (extension possible).
The successful candidate will join the CryptoLUX group led by Prof. Alex Biryukov. Candidates with proven research track record in one or more of the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Applied Cryptography (SK or PK, efficient ZK)
- Financial cryptography (crypto-currencies, blockchain tech)
- Privacy enhancing technologies
- Distributed consensus protocols
The main responsibility of the successful candidate would be to:
- Conduct top level research in one of the above fields
- Publish and present research results at conferences
- Provide guidance to Ph.D. and M.Sc. students
- A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field
- Competitive research record in applied cryptography or information security (at least one paper in top 10 IT security/crypto conferences)
- Strong mathematical and algorithmic CS background
- Good skills in programming and scripting languages
- Commitment, team working and a critical mind
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory
The University offers a one years employment contract (with extension possibility). The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment of a large (>250 people) IT security-focused research center, developing technologies which will have direct impact on the future.
Applications, written in English, should be submitted by e-mail and should include:
- A brief cover letter explaining the candidate's motivation and research interests
- Curriculum Vitae (including photo, education/research/ work, publications, interests)
- Information about contributions to open-source projects, participation in competitions, Olympiads, CTFs, etc.
- Contact information of 3 referees
Deadline for applications: 28 February, 2019. Contact: Prof. Alex Biryukov (e-mail: name dot family name (at) uni.lu)
Applications will be considered on receipt therefore applying before the deadline is encouraged.