Early Symmetric Crypto (ESC) 16-20 January 2017 in Canach, Luxembourg
Cryptography deals with secure communication in adversarial environments as well as protecting information in storage. It is the key ingredient of information security. Applications such as electronic commerce, e-banking, secure communications (ex. mobile phones, Skype, etc.) are made possible due to advances in applied cryptography. The seminar is concentrating on:
- symmetric primitives (block and stream ciphers, message authentication codes and hash functions), and
- complex cryptosystems and cryptographic protocols employing these primitives
- algorithmic challenges in public and symmetric cryptography.
The aim of the workshop is to bring together leading experts and talented junior researchers and to let them exchange ideas, open problems in an informal atmosphere.
The List of Special Topics
- Lightweight Cryptography for the IoT
- Authenticated Encryption
- Whitebox Cryptography
- Proofs of Work, Blockchains, Cryptocurrencies
Here is the seminar program (empty for the moment)
Proceedings will be available in electronic format.
The conference will be held at the hotel Kikuoka Mercure Golf Club**** in Canach in Luxembourg.
Price includes breakfast, WiFi, free access to indoor swimming pool, Spa and wellness center.
Please fill and send the corresponding form directly to the hotel for booking:
- Student-only form, 90€ single, 105€ double, only 10 rooms, first come, first serve.
- Non-student form, 110€ single, 125€ double
We cover lunches, dinners and venue costs. There are no registration fees.
The venue is hard to reach using only public transportation. The simplest option is probably for you to take a taxi, e.g. from the main train station.
Typical temperatures in Luxembourg in January are -2 -- +10. Take a good rain coat and hiking shoes if you want to explore the surroundings.
This event is sponsored by the Fonds National de la Recherche Luxembourg and by the Laboratory of Algorithmics, Cryptology and Security